A list of recommended teaching resources for graduate students entering the teaching field. Note: All links require UofT library login.
- Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning (2014), by Peter C. Brown and Henry L. Roediger III
- How We Learn: The Surprising Truth About When, Where, and Why It Happens (2015) by Benedict Carey,
- The ABCs of How We Learn (2016) by Daniel Schwartz.
- How Learning Works: Seven Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching (2010) by Susan A. Ambrose and Michael W. Bridges
- Engaging Ideas: The Professor’s Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classroom (2011) by John C. Bean
- Collaborative Learning Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty (2017) by Elizabeth F. Barkley.
- Interactive Lecturing: A Handbook for College Faculty (2018) by Elizabeth F. Barkley.
- Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses (2013) by L. Dee Fink
Standard disclaimer. Let me know of any broken links.